Thursday 12 June 2014

Hair Care: Dabur Amla Gold Hair Oil

As much as I love my original Moroccan Hair Oil, while on holiday in India a few weeks back, I couldn't carry my precious oil with me, and in the first week I could see signs of my hair getting dry and I needed an extra moisture boost, so my next pharmacy visit, I picked up a bottle of Amla Gold Hair Oil for approximately R15 for a 100ml bottle. It was really affordable, and this Gold edition was especially for dry, damaged and chemically treated hair. It is said to make hair long, strong, soft and shiny. 

So honestly, Amla hair oil is no stranger to me, while growing up this was a popular hair oil and has been around for over 30 years. I remember my mother using it on my hair growing up for soft silky hair, so I was quite interested in sharing my findings about the Amla Gold with my readers. So I've been using this hair oil once a week in my hair, and wow... I can feel my hair a lot more silkier, normally I have some hair fall, but I've noticed my hair is falling less as well, if it counts, my Tangle Teezer glides through my hair so much more easily now. 

The Amla Gold Hair Oil contains: 
  • Amla- to nourish and strengthen hair from the roots to make it long, strong and beautiful. 
  • Almonds- to moisturise and soften hair 
  • Henna- to coat and condition hair and give it shine. 
The oil is an olive colour and has a regular oil consistency. So this was a perfect excuse for a relaxing head massage, because you can't really use this oil after washing hair, so I would recommend using it as a pre wash leave in treatment. The scent is quite strong and musky, but it is traditional so I really love it. After washing my hair thoroughly and removing all of the oil, my hair was so shiny and soft, I loved it. So going a little traditional and old school has it's benefits. If you spot this one around, I'd recommend you give it a try! 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
Please share your thoughts with me!
Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
Priya