Wednesday 7 May 2014

Wednesday Weekly Manicure by Michelle Roberts


Hi lovelies,

I always love the cooler seasons and I am loving that it is getting cooler every day.  I also love neon polish and most think that neon polish is for summer only.  I love wearing neon polish all year round as a pop of colour, especially on the grey and dreary days.
 I have something really simple and easy to show you but it is one of my favourite combinations to wear on my nails.  It is quick to do and you can do quite a few variations as well.   Let me show you what I did and then I will give you a few varieties.
I painted 2 coats of Sinful Colors – Black on black on my middle, index and thumb.  While that was drying I painted 2 coats of Tip Top – As the beat grows on over one coat of Sinful Colors – Snow me white on my pinky and ring fingers.  I used small, round neon studs from Born Pretty store on the black nails by painting a coat of topcoat and applying the studs onto the wet topcoat. 
If you don’t have the studs, don’t worry.  You can get the same effect by making dots with a dotting tool, hair pin, toothpick or any object you have lying around that can make dots.  Just make a dot with white polish on the black and then go over the white with the neon green.  Viola!
 
You can also change this up in a few ways.  You can obviously choose different colour neon polishes but you can also do black dots or studs on the green.  Or you can use striping tape or thinly cut regular tape and make random straight lines (or in a specific pattern if you prefer) and then painting over with black polish and pulling the tape off immediately.  This will give you neon stripes peeking out from under the black.  You can do as many or as few as you like. 

Next time I will show you another really great way to wear neon during the colder months to get a pop of colour.  It is fun and keeps you going till summer time.   Till then, what do you think of this?  Would you wear neon with black during winter?
 
Thanks again so much to Priya for having me.  This is so much fun.  If you would like me to show you something specific or if you have a theme or image or dress or outfit you would like to see me use as inspiration pop a comment below and I will make sure to work my way through them all. 

 

Thanks for reading!

xoxo

 

Make sure you follow Michelle’s blog for more amazing nail designs and ideas: Ordinary Misfit

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
Please share your thoughts with me!
Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
Priya