Wednesday 23 October 2013

Liebster Award Craze

So I was super lucky enough to get nominated for four Liebster Awards. I've been missing in action for a while, but hopefully I can wrap up my entire blogpost with awards! So this is quite an exciting experience for me ( It feels like getting an award in front of thousands of people)
 
So I would love to thank the following people for nominating me
Azraa from PrettifulBlog
Michelle from OrdinaryMisfit
Naeemah from The Jam Jar
 
So what exactly is a Liebster Award?
The Liebster award is intended to give some exposure to small blogs with less than 200 followers.
 
The rules are as follows:
  • Link back to the blogger who nominated you
  • Answer the 11 questions given to you by the blogger who nominated you
  • Nominate 11 other bloggers with less than 200 followers
  • Go to the blogs you nominated and notify them of your nomination
  • Give your nominees 11 questions to answer.

  •  
    First Round of Questions by Azraa 
    1) What is your favourite fashion or beauty item, that you own?
    My favourite beauty item would be my Elizabeth Arden 8 hour Lip Balm, it is my winter life saver and always keeps my lips soft and looking their best!
     
     2) What inspired you to start blogging?
    I am a journalist and I have a crazy addiction to beauty products, so I guess the both mixed together got me into blogging. hopefully one day my blog will be an amazing famous beauty blog!
     
     3) What is your beauty or make up routine?
    Cleanse, tone and moisturise with my Clinique 3 Step, apply a primer, apply foundation or BB Cream, apply blush, apply my face powder, apply my lipstick and lastly my eyeliner.
     
     4) Who is your fashion or beauty idol?
    I really can't choose, personally I get my inspirations from all sorts of people.
     
     5) What is your beauty secret, or any tips or tricks you would like to share?
    My beauty secret would be to apply a rich body cream to dry or cracked heels, put on socks and keep feet warm, you'll wake up to the softest feet ever.
     
     6) What beauty product or fashion item is on your wishlist?
    I've been dying to try out some Soap & Glory beauty products, they just look too pretty for words!
     
     7) What is your favourite skin care or beauty brand?
    Clinique for Skin Care and Revlon for Beauty Brand
     
     8)What is your cheapest beauty product?
    My Catrice Gel Eyeliner
     
     9) What is product can you not live without?
    A nice moisturising lip balm!
     
     10) What is the weirdest fashion or beauty trend that you have ever tried?
    Pink lipstick, really isn't my thing, no matter what
     
     11) What is your pet peeve?
    I always read blogposts about all the make up everyone went out and purchased, and then go and buy it myself.
     
    Second Round of Questions by Alice
     1. What is the one beauty product you regret buying or using the most?
    It would definitely be the Rimmel Perfect Match Gel Foundation, I regret buying it because even though it gives a perfect finish, it messes everything, from cellphone covers, to clothes, even my fingers were stained.
     2. You can only choose one colour nail polish  for the rest of forever. What colour do you choose?
    PURPLE!!!
     3. Quick! There is a fire and you have to run for your life. What 5 items do you save first? (Not people or pets)
    • My Cellphone
    • My iPad
    • Car Keys
    • My Elizabeth Arden Skin Cream
    • A Handbag
     4. What is in your bag right now?
    My wallet, my face powder, some lip glosses, my camera, a make up bag, some tissues and car keys.
    5. What is your favourite season?
    Spring
    6. What advice do you have for newbie bloggers?
    Never let anyone stop you from blogging about what you like to blog about
    7. What has been your favourite beauty product that you have bought or received?
    My Maybelline Dream Bounce Blush
    8. Your ultimate brand of polish or beauty product. Which brand would you love to have everything of?
    Definitely Mac! I recently purchased some Mac products and I am obsessed with them!
    9. If you were stranded on a island what would be the 5 things you would want with you?
    • My Phone
    • My RiRiWoo, because nothing can go wrong when you're wearing red lipstick!
    • My Boyfriend? If it counts! I'd choose his company any day!
    • A watch, I feel naked without a watch
    • Chocolate
    10. What has been your most special moment during your blogging time?
    When I get an amazing beauty product and I really can't wait to share my findings with everyone else!
    11. What is your weirdest habit, that most people don't know about?
    I choose a colour of polish to paint my nails, I paint them, admire them and then remove the polish and paint it another colour because I didn't like the first colour, weird I know!

     Third Round of Questions by Michelle
    1. What is in your bag right now? My wallet, my face powder, some lip glosses, my camera, a make up bag, some tissues and car keys.
    2. What is your favourite nail art technique? Stamping! Not an expert on it as yet though.
    3. You can only choose one colour nail polish for the rest of forever.  What colour do you choose? PURPLE
    4. Quick! There is a fire and you have to run for your life.  What 5 items do you save first? (Not people or pets)  Ipad, Cellphone, Car Keys, Elizabeth Arden Cream and a handbag
    5. Your top 5 beauty products you have to have and can’t live without? Lipstick, BB Cream, Eyeshadow, Eyeliner and Mascara
    6. Why do you blog? What do you want to achieve most? I blog so I can share my beauty findings with all of my readers
    7. Who is your favourite author or favourite book? My Favourite book is The Secret
    8. Your ultimate holiday destination.  Where would you like to travel to most? I would love to go to Paris
    9. Your ultimate brand of polish or beauty product.  Which brand would you love to have everything of? Nail Polish -I would choose Nails Inc
    10. Strawberry or banana? Strawberry
    11. What is one thing no one – or very few people – know about you? I'm an only child, and yes... I am a spoilt little brat!
    Round Four of Questions by Naeemah
    1. While you are writing a blog post, which position is most comfortable? (Laying down, sitting up, half up half down, etc)
    Depends on where I am, most of the time it is sitting up
    2. What do you listen to while blogging? (Music, audio books, tv for background noise lol, etc)
    The TV!
    3. Which beauty item is your holy grail?
    My Beauty Blender
    4. What's your favourite tv show?
    The Big Bang Theory
    5. If you had to pick between a muffin and a cupcake, which one would you take? 
    Cupcake with lots of icing
    6. How many times have you burnt yourself with a hot styling tool?
    Three, I have lovely scars and everyone thinks I burnt myself with a cigarette (they look like cigarette burns)
    7. If you could be any Disney character, which one would you be? and Why?
    Minnie Mouse, because she's carefree and she's always got Mickey running after her! *giggles* I'm also secretly jealous of her bow on her head!
    8. Horror? Comedy? Action? Thriller? Romcom? 
    HORROR!
    9. Fill in the missing words: I would rather "_______________" than "_______________" 
    (Ex: I would rather eat cockroaches than touch the sledgehammer from Miley Cyrus' Wreaking Ball video)
    I would rather repeat my matric year than do communication science again!
    10. If you could have anything made in your honour, what would it be? and Why? (Perfume, clothing line, jewelry, makeup products, etc)
    It would be make up, because I love make up and I feel make up should be in every ladies handbag.
    11. Coca-Cola or Pepsi or ________? (I  ♡ Pepsi, btw)
    PEPSI!!!
     
    So here are my nominees who I've chosen
     
    My Questions
    1. What is your dream beauty product or hair styling tool?
    2. What is the best part of being a beauty blogger?
    3. If you had an unlimited bank balance, what would you purchase?
    4. Are you a matte lipstick person or a crème lipstick person?
    5. If you were a perfume, what fragrance would you be? (Try for one which matches your personality)
    6. Which electronic item can you not live without? (Cellphone, iPad, Tablet, Laptop or Computer)
    7. Would you rather spend your last R100 on a beauty product or a bath product?
    8. Which are the 5 most used beauty products in your daily routine?
    9. How can you describe your make up look?
    10. What is your favourite flavour of ice cream?
    11. If you could invent a beauty product, what would it be?
     

    3 comments:

    1. Congratulation wow got to know you a lot more.
      http://tifi11.blogspot.com

      ReplyDelete
    2. I loved your answers! Thanks for taking part.

      ReplyDelete
    3. Thanks for the nomination sweety! I'll get onto it soonest :-)

      ReplyDelete

    Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
    Please share your thoughts with me!
    Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
    Priya