Sunday 5 May 2013

Revlon Colorstay Whipped Crème Make Up

This foundation has been on the market for quite some time, but I guess I just refused to really notice it or be influenced to purchase it, until a few weeks ago, I was determined to get my hands on this amazing crème foundation. This foundation comes in an amazing heavy crafted glass bottle which is a bit too heavy to be carrying around in your bag. I found that there is much more of the product in the bottle than it actually looks, and you don't actually need a lot of the product to begin with because it gives a good medium coverage with just a few strokes.

I normally apply foundation with a Beauty Blender, however this foundation has a mousse texture on your finger tips so it's really fluffy and absolutely light , and blends in much better into skin using fingertips, rather than a foundation sponge or brush. Once applied to skin, I really can't explain it. The texture feels silky smooth on skin and absolutely soft and amazing. The foundation has a really amazing and flexible look on skin, and can stay on to skin for up to 24 hours.

I was a bit worried when choosing the colour for this foundation because there was no testers, however I am a Revlon foundation girl, so I know my colour in the Colourstay foundation, which would be the same in this foundation. I chose the Toast, which is the exact same colour and matched my skin tone perfectly. The coverage this foundation gives is medium but is buildable without caking or looking too heavy.

PRO's and CON's

PRO's
Available in 16 shades
Lightweight foundation
Has a buildable coverage
Withstands heat and humidity
Has a matte finish
Doesn't make skin look oily
Blends in flawlessly

CON's
The Crème foundation is a bit expensive
Has a slight strong scent
The texture of the Crème foundation may not be to your liking
The glass bottle is a bit heavy to carry around

I would really recommend you give this foundation a try, although it's pricy - retails for R199 per tub, however it's an amazing experience and feels virtually light on skin. This whipped foundation is really one of a kind and everybody should get a chance to try it out. It makes your skin feel like silk with an amazing matte finish, so there's no need to dust your face with translucent powder or anything else. It feels completely natural and amazingly soft and smooth. However I felt the Crème foundation was a bit runny, it was fluffy but weak, it's not actually a problem because I found it easier to blend for a more natural look.















No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
Please share your thoughts with me!
Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
Priya