Friday 3 May 2013

Beautiful Color Luminous Lip Gloss: Red Door Red

I was really excited when I received my package from the post office, I really couldn't wait to rip open the package and see what's in the package waiting to pamper me. As soon as I saw a beautiful gold and silver shiny slim box which easily captured the light and reflected an eye catching colour, I was instantly SOLD!

The beautiful box had a silver rectangle which displayed the embossed Red Door logo and the "Elizabeth Arden" name which you can actually feel when you run your finger over the logo and words. The box states the name of the product which is called Beautiful Colour - Luminous Lip Goss. Most lip glosses have the colour written on the main block, however this amazing gloss had a small window so you could actually see through the box and see the lip gloss in the tube. The top opening of the box has a protectant sticker which also indicates the colour of the gloss which is Red Door Red 02. While the outside of the box was a beautiful gold and silver, the inside of the box had a beautiful red look which I thought was very intense and vibrant.

As soon as I opened the box, I saw the most beautiful lip gloss I've ever come across in my life. The square gloss tube was so classic and classy I really can't explain how beautiful it all looks. The tube has a thick heavy plastic look which imitates a beautiful crafted glass look. The opposite side of the tube has a large enough mirror to view your lips perfectly without the mirror being too far away so you can have the perfect application everytime. The gloss has a thick metallic gold lid which shows reflection in a slight shimmering look, while the tip of the tube had a silver strip, which I felt was very classic. The lid also includes the Red Door logo on it.

The lid of the gloss was a twist lid so as I begun untwisting the lid a strong scent of vanilla hit me, it was sweet and smelt so yummy, which made me even more eager to try out the gloss. As soon as the lid was completely off, the scent became stronger and more delicious and tempting. I gently pulled the applicator lid out of the tube to find that it needed a gentle tug at the end so you can remove the applicator tip properly out of the tube. I really appreciated the stopper on the tube because less of the product will get wasted and the stopper only allowed how much of the product you actually needed to be released.

The applicator was a paddle applicator which allows you to apply more of the product in a quicker time, in one gentle sweep, the product is evenly spread on lips for a radiant colour. The applicator was shaped long but with a beautifully crafted curve at the tip so you can apply the gloss with no mess and no fuss. The gloss on the other hand is simply out of this world. It's a thick and creamy gloss which turns into a smooth and rich colour when applied to lips. The gloss has a luxurious feel on lips and I'm in love with the feeling. The colour I have is Red Door Red which is a beautiful high pigmented red lip gloss which has a beautiful shimmering effect in the sunlight. Mainly because I'm a fan of red lips, I'm in love with this gloss. The look it gives my lips with just one coat is simply vibrant, attractive and eye catching. Plus the glossy look is shiny and makes lips appear more full and more defined.

The gloss also had a moisturising effect which was noticeable because normally gloss dries out on my lips leaving them dry and colour less, while this gloss lasted much longer (even with all the attempts yo taste the gloss). The gloss does contain mango butter to protect and soothe lips while the shea butter locks in moisture. As much as this is only a lip gloss, I guess keeping the gloss on your lips for quite some time allows the pigments from the gloss to soak into your lips slightly, which gave my lips a washed out red look for hours. So if Marilyn Monroe's hot red lips with a vibrant shine is what you're going for, then I would really recommend you give this gloss a try.

The image I included has the different colours that the gloss comes in, that's if red really isn't your colour of course. However I'm sure all the lip glosses have the exact same rich and luxurious gloss.

PRO's and CON's

PRO's
Classic lip gloss packaging
Mirror on tube for on the go application
The gloss smells super super yummy!
Perfect stopper in gloss tube allowing the exact amount of gloss
Easy applicator with curve for non fussy and non messy application
Rich and creamy gloss
The gloss doesn't actually feel like gloss on lips
The gloss isn't too thick and sticky
Has a vibrant colour
Makes lips look more fuller and more defined thanks to Maxi-Lip
Does more than add colour to lips, the gloss soothes and conditions
Gloss is sleek and super sexy for a night out
High pigments in gloss for a longer lasting colour
Gloss has moisturising properties
The gloss is available in 10 shades
The gloss is clinically and dermatologist tested

CON's
The gloss is a bit expensive - retails at R180
The gloss does transfer
You may not like the vanilla scent

So I would really recommend you give this product a try because it is an expensive buy I know, however it's completely worth it because you're not just paying for a simple gloss, you're paying for a multi talented lip gloss with splashes deep colour onto lips while protecting and soothing lips thanks to Mango Butter and also locking in the moisture into lips thanks to Sgea Butter. The multi talented gloss also gives you a sexy fuller look thanks to Maxi-Lip. While this gloss may be thick, it is non sticky and simply light with a delicious scent which will get you addicted to applying the gloss. The gloss also has a vibrant colour. Although this is a gloss, it feels absolutely lightweight on lips and feels like you just applied lip balm and besides nothing says I'm wearing Red Door lip gloss like a sexy red coloured gloss. Thank you Beauty Bulletin for sending me this amazing gloss.







No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
Please share your thoughts with me!
Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
Priya