Tuesday 23 April 2013

OPI Liquid Sand : Can't Let Go

I've been waiting for almost two months for this product to grace the shelves of South Africa. OPI is known to have themed collections of their one of a kind nail polishes. However they've created THE MOST AMAZING POLISH EVER!

Presenting the most amazing *drum roll* Mariah Carey Liquid Sand : Can't Let Go. So you're probably wondering what is liquid sand ? Well it's the most amazing trend which is hitting South Africa, it dries to a matte texture finish with glitter and looks simply amazing! Is it magic? Is it an illusion or is it just technology?

What does Mariah Carey say about the new OPI Liquid Sand : "OPI Liquid Sand nail lacquer offers a never-before-seen look with a pebbled finish that lightly shimmers with fine glitter particles. Worn without top coat, Liquid Sand lacquer gives nails a unique textured matte finish worthy of a superstar."

So what amazing polishes are in the OPI Liquid Sand range:
*Stay the Night (Make it last in this matte black with red glints)
*Get Your Number (Wearing this matte blue with sparkles is a great call)
*Can’t Let Go (Hold onto this matte purple with dazzling sparkle)
*The Impossible (This matte fuchsia with star confetti will never give up)

These polishes are just too amazing and I really wish I could try all of them. I've purchased the Can't Let Go, mainly because its a lovely royal purple colour which I simply love. It has tiny flecks of glitter which are eye catching in the bottle, but when applied to nails and the polish transfers it gives the most amazing experience ever.

My Experience

I was really excited when I purchased this product and I couldn't wait to try it on. As soon as I got home I treated myself to a manicure and I made sure that my nails were perfect to apply this polish because I felt that it should be perfect for a first time. I then applied two coats of this polish to my nails, the polish was slightly thick and had a slight strong polish smell. Within 12 minutes (I've timed it) my polish hardened and became the most amazing thing ever (please see my pictures) .I really can't explain the feeling and I keep feeling my nails cause it's so amazing. The polish has a rough texture on nails (not rough enough to hurt) and sparkles and shimmers in the light.

PRO's and CON's

PRO's
  • The polish is really unique
  • Available in four amazing colours
  • Has a wide applicator brush for perfect painting
  • The polish is quick drying
  • Perfect for any outfit

CON's
  • A bit expensive
  • Not available everywhere
  • Has a strong polish smell

However there is a positive thing about the polish and that is that the polish is free of :
  • DBP
  • Toluene
  • Formaldehyde

I would really recommend you give this product a try. I know it's quite expensive, it retails for R145, but the experience you will have with this polish is absolutely irreplaceable and unforgettable. I'm actually so excited about it, I can't even stress the fact enough. Imagine how you would feel when you're used to silky smooth nails to have a soft but rough texture on your nails which glitters and shines in the light. If a rough texture isn't what you looking for then you can apply a top coat however OPI states that it isn't recommended and it does defeat the whole purpose.














No comments:

Post a Comment

Comment, Make a statement, Feel free to have a chat!
Please share your thoughts with me!
Please leave your blog name and I'll gladly follow back!
Priya